If you want soft smooth skin with zero blackheads, you need to try this DIY green clay face mask.
It’s cheap, easy to make and only contains four ingredients, making it way better than store bought face masks that are expensive of full of harsh chemicals.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THE DIY GREEN CLAY FACE MASK
You only need a few things to make and use this face mask:
- A paintbrush to mix and apply the mask
- A pot to mix the ingredients in
- A towel
DIY GREEN CLAY FACE MASK INGREDIENTS
This mask only contains four ingredients, some of which have amazing benefits to the skin:
- 1 teaspoon of French green clay
- 2 activated charcoal tablets
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of water
DIY GREEN CLAY FACE MASK INGREDIENTS BENEFITS
FRENCH GREEN CLAY
Also known as sea clay, french green clay is amazing for skincare as it has a unique blend of minerals. The molecules in the clay are negatively charged, and act as a magnet to draw out the positively charged impurities on your skin. This makes it perfect for clearing skin.
This is another key ingredient for perfecting skin. The activated charcoal draws bacteria, dirt and impurities from the pores to the surface of the skin. It then binds them together so they sit on the surface of the skin and can be easily removed.
Honey contains antioxidants which are amazing for ageing skin, and is anti-bacterial which helps to clarify the skin. It also has very good moisturising properties and is soothing, making it perfect if you’re after moist and soft skin.
HOW TO MAKE THE DIY GREEN CLAY FACE MASK
- Crush two activated charcoal tablets to a fine powder in the bowl.
- Add 1 teaspoon of French green clay to the bowl.
- Pour a teaspoon of honey into the mixture.
- Add 1 teaspoon of water.
- Mix the ingredients together well using the brush.
HOW TO USE THE DIY GREEN CLAY FACE MASK
- Wash your face using warm water and a cleanser to remove any make-up or residue.
- Steam the skin for ten minutes if possible. The steam will loosen the blackheads, making them easier to remove.
- Pat the skin dry with a towel.
- Brush the face mask onto the skin thinly using the paintbrush.
- Leave the mask on for 10 minutes before washing off.
- Apply moisturiser.
Your face will now be smooth, soft and clear.
If you found this tutorial helpful please share it on Pinterest, or why not try our DIY coffee scrub for even smoother skin!