If you’re hosting a Halloween party, what better way to serve up your sweets than these DIY cat sweet cones.
They require minimal materials and time, and look amazing.
Check out how to make them below!
CAT SWEET CONE MAKING TIME
These cat sweet cones require a small amount of time to make.
Estimated making time: 10 minutes per cone.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THESE CAT SWEET CONES
To make these cat sweet cones, you will need:
- A ruler
- A pencil
- Pink post it notes
- Sticky fixers
- A4 white paper
- A pair of scissors
- Googly eyes
- A4 black card
- PVA glue
- A paintbrush
And these are not pictured here, but you will obviously need sweets!
HOW TO CAT SWEET CONES
1. With your black A4 card placed landscape, measure in 11.5 cm in from the edges along the top on either side and draw a faint line down. Then measure 3 cm down on either side and draw a line all the way across the top of the card, as shown below.
2. Measure halfway between the bottom of the two rectangles, and draw diagonal lines from the center measurement to the top corners of the rectangles.
3. Cut along the diagonal lines to remove the two triangles.
4. Wrap the card around and into a cone shape. If you are struggling we recommend wrapping the card around, marking where the edge of the card meets the middle with a pencil, unwrapping the card and placing a sticky fixer on the back of the card, then re-wrapping it. (We drew lines across the front to make it easier to match the ears up, but this is not a necessity).
5. Add PVA glue to the back of a pair of googly eyes and firmly press them into the front of the cat cone where the ears are.
6. Draw a small triangle with rounded edges on the sticky part of a sticky note. Then cut it out and press onto the cone for the nose. (We used a pink sticky note, but you can use pink paper and glue it on if you wish).
7. Cut thin strips of white paper and attach with PVA glue around the nose as whiskers.
8. Fill your cat cone with sweets and enjoy!
CAT SWEET CONE VARIATIONS
We used A4 black card to create these cat sweet cones, but you can use larger card if you want more of a bucket or smaller card to hold less sweets.
You can also use different coloured googly eyes, more whiskers, eyebrows to give them expressions… the choice is yours!
If you found this tutorial helpful, please share it.
Otherwise if you’re looking for Halloween sweet DIYs, check out these ghost lollies!