Confetti is the perfect party addition or photo prop. However, store bought confetti can be a lil’ plain.
If you’re after confetti that’ll add colour to your celebrations or brighten up your boring backgrounds, check out this DIY bright neon confetti!
NEON CONFETTI MAKING TIME
This neon confetti is quick and easy to make, and requires no preparation!
Estimated making time: 20 minutes for a small pot of confetti.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE NEON CONFETTI
This confetti is so simple that you only need two things to make it!
- A hole punch.
Use a hole punch that has a bottom to collect the pieces.
- Different coloured neon sticky notes.
You can use other materials like paper, but make sure it is double sided with colour so the confetti is coloured both sides.
HOW TO MAKE NEON CONFETTI
1. Punch a hole in the sticky note. You can use multiple notes at once to speed up the process, but be sure not to use too many or the hole punch won’t pierce through.
2. Continue this all over the sticky note, avoiding the sticky part. Make sure to leave space between each hole or you will have mishaped confetti.
3. Repeat this with different coloured sticky notes multiple times.
4. Once you’ve pierced a lot of holes (the more the better!), open up the bottom of the hole punch and pour out the contents.
5. Carefully sift through the confetti and separate any pieces that are stuck together.
6. Pull out any mishaped pieces of confetti if you want your confetti to be picture perfect.
7. Transfer the confetti to a pot or a container and use to brighten your parties and pictures!
VARIATIONS OF NEON CONFETTI
For this example we have used a normal hole punch to create round confetti. However, you can use different shaped hole punchers to make your confetti even more fun!
We used sticky notes for the neon effect and because they weren’t being used (being creative whilst saving the planet). However you can use neon tissue paper if you want the confetti to be lighter, or card if you want it to be heavier. Just make sure it’s not too thick or the hole punch won’t work.
If you liked this tutorial, please share it on Pinterest!
And be sure to check out our other easy and fun crafts here.